- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the 12 Days of Cajun Christmas from Cox Media Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of the Cox service areas who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Media and Cox Communications and Sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
- How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at [12:01 a.m. (C.S.T.)] on November 1, 2014 and end at 11:59 p.m. (C.S.T.) on December 12, 2014. Sponsors will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
You may enter both the Grand Prize drawing and the Daily Prize drawing by visiting either www.Cajunchristmascontest.com
and entering contact information on the web banner promoting the sweepstakes between November 1, 2014 through December 12, 2014. Only one (1) entry per email address. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
Mail Entry: You may enter both the Grand Prize drawing and the Daily Prize drawing by hand printing your name, address, age, daytime telephone number, email, signature and the keyword “12 Days of Cajun Christmas” on a postcard or 3" x 5" card or piece of paper and then mail it to Cox Media, 1906 Eraste Landry Road, Lafayette, LA 70506. All entries must be postmarked by November 23, 2014 and received no later than December 1, 2014. No facsimiles or mechanical reproductions permitted. Only one (1) mail-in entry per outer stamped envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and legible. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant's entries and may result in participant's disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsors will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsors, or Sponsors' Sweepstakes application service provider.
All entries become property of Sponsors and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsors determine to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
- Winner Selection and Odds. Beginning December 1, 2014 a winner will be selected daily for 12 consecutive days. The grand prize winner be selected on day 13., Sponsors will select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible Grand Prize drawing entries received during the Sweepstakes Period and (12) potential First Prize Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible First Prize drawing entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prize Description.
One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) 42 inch flat screen TV valued at approximately $500. One (1) Daily winner will win one (1) of Twelve (12) Prizes TBD, valued at One Hundred Dollar ($100.00) awarded daily for Twelve (12) consecutive days.
These prizes are available exclusively through the Sweepstakes. Sponsors are not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen promotional gift cards. Additional gift card issuer terms and conditions may apply.
One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) 42” Smart HDTV (make and model to be chosen in Sponsors sole discretion). (ARV: [$500]).
Twelve (12) Prizes: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Winner per day will receive one (1) prize TBD valued at $100 or more. Winner selected for 12 consecutive days. (Prize awarded at Sponsors sole discretion). (ARV: $ (1,200)
The ARV of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Winner will not receive difference between the actual retail value at the beginning of the Sweepstakes and the actual retail value at the time of prize delivery.
Winner Notification and Acceptance. Each potential winner will be notified on or about December 13, 2014 at the telephone number entered at www.Cajunchristmascontest.com or the telephone number provided on the potential winner's mail-in entry form. Sponsors will attempt to notify each potential winner by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the random drawing. Sponsor will not leave any voice messages and any calls returned by potential winners via caller identification or similar technology will not be accepted. Failure to reach a potential winner during this period may result in the disqualification of that potential winner, forfeiture of his/her interest in all prizes, and selection of an alternate potential winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit the Cox Media office at 1906 Eraste Landry Road, Lafayette, LA or distributing sponsors location within seven (7) days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. (CT) and 5 p.m. (CT) weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID for any prize awarded in Louisiana.
Each potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned to the Cox Media office within seven (7) days of notification.
Sponsors' inability to reach a potential winner, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner's failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsors' sole discretion, result in the potential winner's disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSORS HAVE COMPLETED THEIR VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT'S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by a winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Each winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsors for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Each winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsors. Prizes not won and claimed by an eligible winner in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsors.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner's irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsors and their licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
- Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsors. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsors reserve the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors. By entering the contest, participants are agreeing to be contacted by sponsors through promotional solicitation of their products.
- Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSORS, COX COMMUNICATIONS, INC., COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
- Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
- THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY POTENTIAL WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. As a condition of entering, participant acknowledges and agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded hereunder shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Louisiana.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsor. The 12 Days of Cajun Christmas is sponsored by Spa Mizan, Paul's Jewelry, Louise's Real Wood, Zoosiana, Pieces of Eight, Big Boy Toys & Hobbies, Community First Bank and Cox Media. The decisions of Sponsors regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after January 15, 2015) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), The 12 Days of Cajun Christmas, Cox Media, 1906 Eraste Landry Road, Lafayette, LA 70506.